Saturday, January 8, 2011

La Sin Ventura


Last night, the group headed out to La Sin Ventura, one of the many salsa clubs in Antigua. I got Keisha to teach me the basics, but beyond that, I found out quickly that I am a pretty helpless dancer. The place was packed by 10:00. The windows were closed and only the front door was open. The place got hotter and hotter as the night went on... I hear the idea is to get people to take off their clothes. It worked for the most part. The drinks at La Sin Ventura were 25q for a beer...at first I was aghast at how expensive they were...but then remembered that its only about $3.50. I heard stories, that in ladies nights in years past, mojitos and cuba libres used to be FREE. The bartenders were awesome, the music was good, and the washrooms were really clean, remarkably clean and well stocked. The ladies noticed that there was no line for the women's washroom, only a line for the mens washroom. weird.


I've got a bit of spanish homework, some research to do on NGO, and some major brushing up on ECON to do. Aside from school, The tentative plan is to head to some springs on sunday afternoon and maybe go out and grab some Thai food sunday night.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment