Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Funny Story....


Now, lets be honest

Anyways... after a meeting with a class group last night, we headed out to JPs Rumbar to unwind. There was already a group of classmates there, so the more the merrier. Things carried on until about 11pm when the place needed to close up. On the way home, the mojitos caught up to me and I really needy to pee. Most of the streets in Antigua are packed with houses and there are no alleys what so ever, making it hard to find a good place to relieve myself. Until I walked past this place...


This was the perfect spot, some really nice ruins behind a low wall. Before I could think twice, I had hopped the wall and had started peeing in a corner right near the wall.

All of a sudden, I heard a hushed voice in my ear..."Que pasa aqui?" trans. "what is going on here". Some one was right behind me!

It startled me so much I stopped mid stream. I zipped up and turned around. I was at the business end of a shotgun which was being held by a short man, cloaked in a dark poncho. He had materialized out of the bushes as soon as I landed on the other side of the wall. Que pasa aqui? he said again. All I managed to get out was "nesecité urinar"

The funny part was that he said..."Oh, excuse me"

By that time I had already hopped back over the wall and was on my way back home.

Moral of the story: Don't jump into private property after dark in Guatemala...private security guards are everywhere. Oh man.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, that is absolutely ridiculous... and hilarious.
    I'm glad you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you didn't splatter your pantaloons there champ.
    and you didn't pee on the dude with the gun!

    ReplyDelete