Friday, January 14, 2011

Another weekend, another volcano....

I've been missing the bike...and i've been reminded of this absence in many ways.

I live 5 doors down from a bike shop, I saw the lone proprietor (and worker) building his own project bike after hours. Its a old rusted and battered Colnago frame, and its been slowly coming together over the last week and a bit.

Bikes are everywhere, battered and abused but still rolling. Few bikes are locked, just left leaning against poles and curbs in the street. All shapes and sizes...because guatemalans are so tiny in stature, BMX and 24" wheeled MTB are more common than one would expect. The market has three places to buy used a used bike...but they are all much to small for me. so the search continues...

So, Old Town Outfitters does every kind of trip you can think of...tomorrow, Mariah and I are leaving at 9:00am and we're going to bike up and down El Volcan Agua! I'm super stoked, with pictures to come tomorrow night!

p.s. went out last night...learned how to dance bachata, meringue and cha cha. Picked up salsa awhile ago...i've gotten complements on my dancing too! not bad for a white boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment