Sunday, December 5, 2010

Letting go of the Room...

Part of my prep for Guatemala was finding a sub-letter for my room. Because of time constraints, I ended up showing the room to two different people at the same time. Of course, they both wanted it right then and there. In order to avoid a fist fight, I told them that they would need to wait 24h for my final decision. I felt bad for the girl I didn't pick. She seemed really cool, and she loved the vibe of the house. I just wish I had something to offer instead of a flat out rejection...Sure enough... today a friend of mine posted up a super cheap room downtown. Within 15 minutes of this post appearing on the inter-web, I had forwarded the link to the rejected applicant. As a result, I feel absolved of any guilt I might have had.

From now on, when subletting...one person at a time, first-come first-served. Its the only way to do it.

On the gear front...the choice of camera has narrowed...to ONE! The Canon S95, one of the most powerful 'point and shoot' cameras of its size.
The first step in picking the camera was learning what to look for. The next step was differentiating the models, which is probably one of the hardest parts.

What is the difference between an XT, XSi, X2T, D3, D5000, D5500 or even a D300s? To the casual observer, manufacturers seem to use a dizzying amount of alphanumeric codes. Often times, a mistyped model number would quickly lead me in the wrong direction.

Consider the P95, although still a 'point and shoot' with only a difference of one letter, the shots that are taken with this piece are sure to be more violent than they are vivid...



No comments:

Post a Comment