Thursday, December 16, 2010

Almost GONE!

Its almost time to fly, with Jan 1st only a little over two weeks away! I've got my ticket, I've got my shots, I've almost got my grad-apps wrapped up... so things are shaping up very nicely.

For your listening pleasure as you read: Alèmayèhu Eshèté, Ethiopias answer to James Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvVuChXBAhs

With the tunes rolling, we can move on to other things of interest...

First, a brief follow up of Crazy Weekend pt2. After a few phone calls and and some hushed conversations back home, it has been decided that the van will be terminated early this friday afternoon. It is one of those times where it makes more sense to recoup the losses rather than fight off the inevitable, not to mention at great expense. So, in light of the van's impending demise, new plans have been hatched, old ones have been revised and the next two weeks should go off without a hitch.

In mondays excitement, I forgot to mention the other stuff that was going on later that day. At around 5:00 that afternoon I met up with the band, Your Neck of the Woods, at Synn Studios to record a track for an upcoming charity album. This album is due cause for excitement. The concept for the album is based off Neutral Milk Hotel's 1998 album 'In the Airplane Over the Sea'. The tracks are split between local talents, such as Texting Mackenzie, Modern Field Recordings, Richard Laviolette and others, who will bring their own influences to the re-interpretation of this classic album. If anyone reading this has not heard of Neutral Milk Hotel, I strongly support finding the album and listening to it start to finish. Repeat as necessary.

Although I've come to terms with not having a high-performance bike in Guatemala, a classmate asked me if I was planning to bring my violin. Truth is, the though never even entered my mind until she mentioned it....

Initially, I thought it might be a good idea to bring my violin, until I quickly remembered some wise words "If you can't deal with it getting lost, broken or stolen...don't bring it." Based off the experience of some of my other friends to decided to travel with their instruments, this 'dilemma' is really a 'no brainer'. My best friends viola only made it as far as the baggage handlers before it was turned into this...


With no cycling and no violin where i'm headed...it seems like I'm going to have to find some new ways to get my fitness and musical fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment