Monday, June 20, 2011

Leaving already...

Puchica vos!

I have always felt that my eventual return to Antigua would serve as the death knell for the trip. It came earlier than expected.

I found out today that the bus that goes to Guate is a night bus, its leaving in 9 hours. If all goes well, I'll wake up safe and sound with all my belongings in the Guate terminal...then hop on a microbus straight to Antigua. From that point on, I'll dig in back at El Hostal, and brood about the impending end of the trip, and probably pick up some knick-nacks for the fam jam.

I had lunch with Raul for the last time. I started with an order of grilled meat, but he had a different idea. He suggested the only thing on the menu which I had never heard of. I had avoided it because I had no idea what it was. He said "Its like a food, it a meat, from a local animal. Its meat is very unique." Not the most appetizing of ways to describe something, but I thought, "why the hell not?" It was delicious. Its really too bad that I couldn't remember what it was called. Forever to be shrouded in mystery.

Maria should be here in about 15min. We're going to go to the photo-lab and get some photos developed. These photos are going to be a parting gift to the family of Maria Margarita. Aside from the personal belongings that she left behind, her husband and children have nothing by which to remember her. Its not much, but its the least I can do.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day around El Estor, roaming around, soaking it in a bit more before my time is up. I'll leave the article writing and photo organization for tomorrow. tic-toc-tic-toc

p.s. I've figued out what food i'm looking forwards too most. Oatmeal with the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment