Monday, June 13, 2011

Beware the Roads...

I'm working on a big blog post, but it's not ready yet. I hope to have it up day after tomorrow.

The work over the past two days has had me talking to survivors, elders and other members of the communities around El Estor and Panzos. I'm starting to get a much clearer picture of what is currently going on, mainly through a deeper understanding of the complexities of what HAS been going for many years. Which is great considering my writing goals. So, I need to start on this history of Lote 8 article, as there is a lot of info to get through, and there will probably be more information to try to find.

In other news, we had another meeting today were we discussed the potential trip to Guatemala City. The details are still up in the air and I'm still waiting eagerly to find out if I can go or not. I will hopefully have a better idea come tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, i've been doing photo work. Mostly organizing, and small edits. My iPhoto library was to big to import into Aperture in one go...so I had to do it manually, which is obviously a bit more time consuming, but the final organization is ALOT cleaner. This is going to be a huge time saver when it comes to making presentations and some DVDs down the road. In fact, I hope to have some photo-DVDs out by mid-July, and maybe do an informal talk and screening somewhere in Guelph with some friends...too far away at this point.

In other news, I may do the Summer Solstice 24 this year! Thats two days after I get back, and I don't even own a MTB. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment