Saturday, April 16, 2011

Upwards and Onwards...

I'm headed somewhere, and I hope its upwards and onwards.

Thinking a lot about the future of late and where I may be heading...

Firstly, to the Polls! I'm going to vote on tuesday. I hope you do too (whenever).

I have a Grad App for NPSIA that just moved to the second round. Its one of the best programs in North America, so I remain cautiously optimistic. Depending on how my winter 2011 marks go...I could be headed to Ottawa.

I also have an application going through at Simon Fraiser...so the West Coast has a voice in my head (not to mention year round riding)

I have no job to return to and no house back in Guelph. My family home is no longer my 'home', it's my parents lovely house by the lake. I feel uprooted from Canada, its getting me down. I feel like I need to stay away for as long as I can manage (mentally financially)

I think it might be cheaper to be underemployed in Guatemala that it would be in Canada...some places rent out for $150 a month and food is really cheap.

Separation from the bike has been my second* greatest struggle/source of misery while away...I want to get back to the bike. I want to pack my suitcase full of courage and head to the church of the big ring and become a monk for a few months.

If grad school fails this time round...the show must go on but I'll deal with that when it comes up.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment